Painted Bull Gallery

Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Apology...I am sorry.

I am very vocal about the attacks that happened on September 11th, 2001. My husband was there, he is a survivor. He lost three friends from his office. He saw groups of over 20 people holding hands jumping from the towers. He saw people burst into bloody heaps when their bodies hit the building, or the light poles in the plaza, or the ground. He saw the body parts strewn all over the ground. He had to dodge the bodies that fell, in fact one of the friends he lost died from getting hit by a jumper…right in front of my husband. He saw it. He was in a warzone. He experienced something that none of us can imagine. We (me and our kids) did not know he was alive until he walked in the door at 7pm that night. He still has nightmares about this, it ruined our lives. So yes, I am very vocal and emotional about anything to do with the WTC site or any comments about those attacks. If I offended anyone, I am sorry. I do not post “hate”on the web. Yes…I said that I think it was a bad thing about the 13 story Mosque and Community Center right in Ground Zero. I did write this:

 “My husband, feels this Mosque built there at Ground Zero a slap in the face to those families that lost so much that day. Almost a decade later & nothing to remember those who were killed. But go ahead & put up a Mosque, he went thru hell that day, and lost 3 from his office. It still haunts him…it haunts all of us in this family.”

Sorry if it offended anyone, but there is so much pain associated with these attacks for me and my family…so again sorry if my emotions and feelings offended anyone.

I am not nor have I ever been a fan of Obama. I am a staunch supporter of Hillary Clinton. I have issues with the sexism that many seem to resort to when it comes to any woman running for office, no matter what political party…sexism against women is bad...any woman...period. (The recent crap with Mel Gibson comes to mind.)We are all strong women…yes? I never would have gotten so vocal about any of this 2 years ago. I guess that is something that has evolved in me because of the experiences I have had on Etsy. Standing up for myself in the Etsy Forums...I guess has given me the guts to say things that I feel strongly about. I don’t hide behind a façade.

I will no longer be sending any links...and I mean any links...to my @PaintedBull Twitter Account. I am sorry if it offended anyone. It was not meant to be offensive. I know it is repetitious but...again...I am sorry if anything I have said or tweeted offended anyone, I think of twitter as a stream of consciousness thing and write stuff as I think of it. That is all...it is not meant to persuade anyone.
Going forward I am sending links that I find interesting to my @MinkoffMinx Twitter Account. If anyone found those links interesting, then follow me here. Cause I think that my Pro-Women and Pro-Hillary links...and other stuff like it, will increase with frequency as the days and months pass...This includes anything I may link to regarding my opinion on Obama, and his administration.  Just because I link it, does not mean I completely agree with it…It just means I read all of these and form my own opinions! Which brings me back to the stream of consciousness thing of Twitter...that is what I was reading at the time...so I sent the link.

The blog I started Minkoff Minx, was and is something I have been doing since Spring of 2008. I just kept my own blog of  things I found interesting. It started primarily because of the 2008 Elections. It was about anything and everything...I kept this blog hidden and not public. It was like a notebook of my thoughts. That is what Minkoff Minx is, my own thoughts...I don't know why I went "public" with it. I guess I just have become bold and felt like I could say what I felt. The Minkoff Minx blog is not written for anyone but me. It is my way of working through thoughts. If what I write bothers anyone, just don't read it. Ignore it as just another opinionated blog that some "nobody" has written...that nobody reads. 

Anyway, again I am sorry if anyone was offended. 


-JJ aka Painted Bull




No comments: